Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sehwag speaks again

Virender Sehwag, in *another* interview, this time with Reuters, talks about trying to bring more maturity to his approach at the crease, especially in ODIs.
"I'm a senior member and vice captain so I have to just change our batting style," he told Reuters in an interview.

"Sometimes the team demands I should bat until 25 or 30 overs, sometimes they want me to bat the way I (usually) do," he said. "Definitely, I will adapt to the situation quickly now.

"Now I'm learning how to bat for the first 20 overs without taking any risk."
Which, to me, seems something similar to his approach in that 70+ innings at Abu Dhabi. And good too, since his ODI batting definitely needed a revamp, and this change would surely help get the team even better, although I still expect him to be the more adventurous of the openers, especially when SRT take back his spot. For test matches, its just a matter of confidence, and one good innings, he says.

And finally, on being asked about his views on the whole Ganguly episode, he reportedly grabbed the microphone and repeatedly hit the interviewer on the head till he retracted the question!...Oh, ok..he didn't, but he may just have, if confronted with that question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home