A sneak peek at Greg Chappel's personal notes after match 2 :
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Notes to self
Indian Oil Cup : Dambulla, Sri Lanka : 31st July 2005
1) No bowling to Suresh in future. Dude cannot bowl, need to judge him on pure batting potential
2) Tell Mahindra that he is the 'keeper batsman of the side. No-one's better than Rahul if we wanted a batsman 'keeper. So focus on 'keeping as the primary skill.
3) Tell poor Ashish to cheerfully greet the umpires and match referee before the start of each game. What else can he do ?
4) Tell Virendra to try and go out there and 'play like a test match' since he seems to be more successful in test matches, despite scoring at one-day strike rate !
5) Suresh was nervous and tentative in batting. Need to chat with him, and also work on his backfoot game, especially short stuff.
6) Meanwhile, keep eyes open for future batting prospects for India, the search may not yet be over
7) Tell Yuvraj to go 'chill out'. This was a bowling attack tailor made for his liking. There's something really messed up with his mind it seems. Need to talk to him.
8) ...ummm..after he returns from Mumbai from his 'People for Ethical Treatment of Celebrities' Social Event on Tuesday
9) Remember to nominate Rahul for Nobel Prize towards the end of the year. Note for logbook.
10) Talk to Mahendra. Check if the dude has heard about 'backfoot'
11) Talk to Anil, remind him how great a human being he is, and he is doing great sacrifice for humanity...uhh...Indian cricket team.
12) Tell mother to ask Ian that he should refrain from criticising me too much during his commentary. After all, it reflects poorly on our family. Promise to make it up to him for his LPs that I lost during summer camp in '63.
13) (looking left and right)...hide these notes from media.